- Harness the power of accountability
- Set Smart Goals
“clearly define your goals, print them out, and put them up on your bedroom wall.”
When you create your goals, make sure they are SMART:
- Unleash Your Inner Conquistador and Burn the Ships
- Remove Temptations and Distractions
Eat the Big Ugly Frog First
Eliminate Unnecessary Decisions
“I don’t want to make decisions about what I’m eating or wearing because I have too many other decisions to make.”
As you go through the day, try to pay attention to where you are getting hung up in your decision process.
Try to eliminate or minimize all the unimportant, and preserve your brainpower for what truly matters.
- Create Powerful Habits, Rituals and Routines
Building on the last point, creating rituals is a great way to remove needless decision-making from your day.
Once something has been turned into a habit, you don’t even have to think about it. You do it without using any of your willpower.
Every morning, I start my day with the same 60-minute power routine to get me in an optimal physical, emotional and intellectual state.
- Reference link: http://www.thefeelgoodlifestyle.com/willpower-discipline.html